Friday, August 3, 2007

NINE!

"Take two walks in two different cities
Take two walks that feel like one.
I’ll be standing on the corner
Just like you’re the one who’s come
Oh my hands will both be empty
Down through dear old Kensington
In my heart I’m holding on
To the hands of whom I love

As you turn down On to green point
As you walk thru Brooklyn Heights
I’ll be heading Down the same roads
Underneath my city’s lights
Prone to wander oh I feel it
Prone to leave the town I love
Here’s my heart oh
Take and seal it
City lights glow down above

In due time I’ll really know you
In due time I’ll know the way
Through the streets right to your village
Through the darkness of the day
Like I know I’ve always known it
Like I lived around the way
Holy timing
It all fell in place today

Though my hands will both be empty
Down thru dear old Kensington
Prone to wander oh I feel it
Prone to leave the town I love
Like I know I’ve always known it
Like I’ve lived around the way
Holy timing
It all fell in place today"

- lyrics of Woodpigeon's 'A Hymn for Two Walks in Different Cities'. The first melody we will dance to as a married couple.

...nine more days.


No comments: